Our competition, in partnership with Bloomsbury and Writers & Artists, has now come to a close! Reading so many stories that all originate from one prompt image has been such an exciting and fun experience. We were blown away by the quality of submissions and it's been a real challenge to choose only 10 entries to make up the following shortlist...
- The Visit by Toni Allen
- Last Man Standing by Jen Falkner
- After the Dark by James Hatton
- Stars by Liam Hogan
- Homeland by Katherine Mezzacappa
- A Mother Whale Lifts Her Head by Jeanne Panfley
- A Good Thing by Megan Parker
- Mountain Ash by Nicole Pearson
- The man with no shadow by Stephanie Percival
- The Seventh Sense by Dee Takemoto
Next, we have to narrow it down even further! The two runners up and overall winner will be announced at the end of November. Watch this space!
Thank you to everyone who took the time to enter this competition. If you didn't make the shortlist, please don't be too disappointed. We received over 550 entries so a lot of amazing stories didn't make it.